How To Choose A Kenilworth Remodeling Contractor
Finding a Kenilworth remodeling contractor is something every North Shore homeowner should consider when they are thinking about changing certain parts of their house. Although there are those who say they can do it themselves, the fact is that there are so many factors to consider during the remodeling. An inexperienced individual might find herself not only overlooking important aspects of the project but also making decisions that would prove wrong in the long run.
Of course, that doesn't mean that just any remodeling contractor would do. Following are some tips on how to choose a contractor for home remodeling.
- References - The best source to find a contractor is through friends and family members. Try asking trusted individuals about excellent contractors that they have used in the past.
- Background Check - Of course, a reference – no matter how glowing – needs back up information. In order to do this, try visiting the main domain of the contractor to find out exactly what they are capable of doing, how long have they been in the industry and other pertinent information. Try to find out if the company is insured or not. If the information is not immediately available through the site, then contact them through the data provided in the site. Check out if the company is licensed to do remodeling work and a member of the National Association of Remodeling Industry (NARI).
- Check out the Portfolio - This is perhaps the most important part of hiring a contractor – seeing exactly what they managed to accomplish for business. Homeowners should be able to find contact information through the domain and ask for a collection of their previous work. The good news is that with technology, sending and receiving portfolio pictures should be easy between the contractor and homeowner.
- Ask for Estimates - Obviously, the cost is an important factor when choosing a remodeling contractor. Ask for an estimate of how the project would cost and get it in writing. Make sure to read the fine print prior to signing anything and ascertaining that the cost would cover everything that will be done in the house. Nobody wants hidden charges showing up after the job is over and done with. Keep in mind that the goal here is not to find the cheapest contractor, rather to find the business that offers the most at a reasonable price.
- Finish Date - Since the contractors would be working on the house, it's doubtful that the certain part would be usable throughout its remodeling. This can be very irritating for the homeowner, making it important to have a reasonable length of time for completing the project. The remodeling contractor should be able to set a finish date and adhere to it to the letter in order for the homeowner to get back to normal life.
What Our Clients Are Saying
Gill and his team are very professional and excellent to work with! I highly recommend them and look forward to working with them again. [...]
These guys are amazing! We needed our new house painted before moving in, a friend recommended Peralta Painting and Remodeling. Gil met with us, provided an estimate, he is very professional and explained everything that needed to be done, they were able to get us on! [...]
Our Latest Projects in the North Shore Area
Exterior Painting in Oak Park, IL
From green to blue, lots of prepping and detailed painting went into this project in Oak Park IL. Our painting pros cleaned all surfaces, prepped, took care of carpentry repairs, painted and cleaned […]See More Projects
Kitchen Cabinets Painting in Winnetka, IL
A beautiful kitchen transformation by our painting pros in Chicago. Before and after, from old and dark cabinets to bright and modern! Professional from start to finish, all work guaranteed. Serv […]See More Projects
Deck Restoration in Chicago, IL
Deck Restoration, Deck power washing, Deck cleaning and Deck staining, Exterior Painting. Our remodeling pros received a call from new homeowners of a nice bungalow in Chicago who were worried abo […]See More Projects
Our Latest Articles
Timeless Trends For Kitchen Remodeling You Should Consider For Your Home
When hiring remodeling or painting contractors for your home, it’s important to be aware of fads and trends. Fads are best to avoid unless you feel like spending the time and money again reasonably s […]
3 Pressure Washing Projects To Prepare Your Home For Fall
When you think of things that need to get done around your home in order to prepare for winter, pressure washing might not be the first thing that pops into your mind, but in reality, it can be surpr […]